For any business that uses more than one computer to run its systems, network management is a vital way to ensure that its computers work as efficiently as possible. If your business runs on computers and they are networked with no oversight, here are some things you should know about computer network management:
What Network Management Is
“Network management” is a fairly broad term but it is accepted that network management involves the use of hardware and software tools to administer, operate and maintain computer network systems. The main areas of network management are network administration, network operation, network maintenance and network provisioning.
Areas Of Network Management Explained
- Network administration involves tracking and inventorying network resources like switches, routers and servers. It also involves monitoring the performance of these resources and updating their software, especially network management software, network operating systems and software distributed to network users.
- Network operation means ensuring that networks function smoothly and as designed. Monitoring network operations also ensure that problems are quickly addressed and fixed, preferably before they come to the attention of the users.
- Network maintenance includes repair and upgrades to network resources, for example, replacement or upgrading of switches, routers or servers. This maintenance is accomplished through close collaboration with network administrators.
- Network provisioning is the configuration of network resources to enable them to support services, like voice or increasing broadband capabilities to allow more users on the network.
Why You Need Professional Network Management
Managing a computer network isn’t for amateurs. Unless you or someone on your staff is trained specifically in network management, you should seek out an IT services company that specializes in or has experience in managing computer networks. Why is this so important? Here are some things to consider:
- It lets you focus on your business. When you don’t have to worry about whether or not your network is functioning optimally, you can concentrate on the primary purpose of your business.
- You’ll have the help of network management experts with a broad and deep understanding of the way computer networks function.
- You’ll save money because you won’t have to hire an in-house network management team.
- Your network will always be up-to-date. You’ll receive notices when it’s time to upgrade software or hardware.
Stop worrying about your computer network. Get professional network management from Service IT Direct. Call us at (888) 596-4720 or visit serviceitdirect.com to schedule an appointment for a network management consultation.
Service IT Direct | Network Management | (888) 596-4720